Tech stuff

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Last camera purchase - Canon Powershot G9

So it transpired that my relatively new Canon Powershot G7 (which I purchased on an overseas trip in 2007) decided to give me grief and die...
Well, at least it was under Japanese domestic warranty, so I had to ask a good friend of mine (who happened to be visiting Australia) to take it back to Japan with him for a warranty repair.

But what would I do for a camera in the mean-time???

So I decided to give Canon another go. So this time I bought the Canon Powershot G9 (since the G7 has been superceded). Is it much better than the last one? I guess so, I can't really tell that there is much difference - I still like the sharp images that my 5 year old Sony DSC-V1 puts out.

I am happy that I got the G7 back from my friend, and I am happy that it works without dramas.

Let's see how long this keeps up.

No comments: