Tech stuff

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tormented...

So, the computer I am using previously had McAfee Antivirus installed on it.

You'd think it would be easy to uninstall, but nooooo.... Turns out it's as hard to get rid of as the malware/viruses/evil applications that it is supposed to protect you from...

Outlook kept bugging me about some error - something about mcafee. So of course they'd want you to stump up more money for something that sucks up a lot of your pc resources.

I got rid of the errors by going into outlook, under tools/options, then other tab, and clicked advanced options.



After getting in here, I had to go click on the Add-in Manager button to finally find the culprit.



Can I easily erase these 2 items from the list? No way, I'd probably have to try rebuilding the machine, and even then, I am sure somehow this malware would creep back in...

Not happy Jan!

No comments: